Smoke alarms save lives. If there is a fire in your home, smoke spreads fast and you need smoke alarms to give you time to get out. Having a working smoke alarm cuts the chances of dying in a reported fire in half. Almost two-thirds of home fire deaths resulted from fires in homes with no smoke alarms or no working smoke alarms. (NFPA web site)
Carbon monoxide (CO) is a poisonous gas that cannot be seen or smelled and can kill a person in minutes. Carbon monoxide can quickly build up to unsafe levels in enclosed or semi-enclosed areas. Carbon monoxide killed over 1,000 Washington residents between 1990 and 2005. In the aftermath of the December 2006 windstorm, over 300 people were treated at hospital emergency rooms for CO poisoning and eight people died. Generators in garages, or near air intakes, and use of charcoal or gas grills indoors, are common causes of CO poisoning during power outages. Fuel burning appliances, attached garages, and fireplaces are also sources of CO.
Walter Kidde Portable Equipment Inc. (“Kidde”) in conjunction with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) announced a voluntary recall to replace certain Kidde AC/DC smoke alarms and combination smoke/carbon monoxide alarms.
Call Before You Burn
Burn Ban Info: 425-388-3508
Contact your local fire department or the Snohomish County Fire Marshal for additional information.
Marysville Fire District is dedicated to providing quality emergency response and prevention services to the community with integrity, pride, and professionalism. We are proud to serve the communities of City of Marysville,Tulalip Tribes, Quil Ceda Village, Seven Lakes, and Fire District 12.