We love having children visit the fire stations, almost as much as they love to visit them! With increased demands of the crews, we do ask a couple things of you prior to a
Basic Information for all Firefighter Visits
- Children must be ages 5 or older to participate (for children
under 5, check out our Preschool Program web page).
- Station tours and Firefighter visits must be scheduled at least
four weeks in advance.
- Only one visit per day, per fire station can be scheduled. If
you have more than one group, you will need to schedule additional visits on different days.
- The station tour or firefighter visit may be cancelled at the
last minute with no notification due to emergency response or firefighter training requirements. If that happens, we will gladly reschedule your visit.
- Fire engine visits last 30-45 minutes and may include
meeting the firefighters, viewing the fire engine and fire fighting equipment, touring the fire station and learning about injury prevention and fire safety.
- Groups are required to complete Fire Safety and/or Injury
Prevention education prior to Firefighter visits.
Option A - Station Tour
- Maximum number of participants is 30 (includes chaperones)
- Requires 1 chaperone for every 5 children. Fire stations are active places for firefighter
work. This must be kept in mind when touring the station. Appropriate ratios of children to chaperones are required.
- The tour is only for the children in the classroom group (i.e. no siblings or other children).
Option B - Firefighter
- Minimum group size is 15.
- A parking area must be provided where the fire engine/truck can get in and out quickly in the
event of an emergency.
- An adequate number of chaperones must be present to quickly clear children from the fire
engine/truck if there is an emergency.
- The tour is only for the children in the school group (i.e. no siblings or other
For more information on what may be best for your group and to get
scheduled, contact our Fire Marshals Office/Public Education Division at 360-363-8507 or send us an email.