Other Services

Common Questions



Where do I get my fire extinguishers serviced and how often?

Fire extinguishers should be recertified every year and serviced every 6 years by a qualified professional. Marysville Fire District does not service home or business fire extinguishers.


Where can I dispose a fire extinguisher?

Marysville Fire District cannot accept used or expired fire extinguishers. You can dispose fire extinguishers at the Snohomish County Household Hazardous Waste Facility (3434 McDougall Ave, Everett, WA 98201). Fire extinguishers are also accepted at Recycling and Transfer Stations and Drop Box sites. Find more information here.


How large do my address numbers need to be?

Address numbers must be posted on the building so they are clearly visible from the street which we would use during an emergency response to your location. Address numbers for commercial buildings must be a minimum of six inches high. For more specific information, see MFD address number guidelines here.


Where can I get information about my ambulance bill?

For ambulance billing questions, call Systems Design West at 1-800-238-9398.


How do I request public records or medical records?

You can fill out a records request form here.


Can I get a permit to burn trash in my yard?

Burning garbage is never ok anywhere within the Marysville Fire District service area. Burning yard debris is not allowed within the urban growth area. Go here for more information on outdoor burning rules.


Who do I call to report a car parked in a fire lane?

If a car is parked in a fire lane that is clearly marked, you may contact the Marysville Police Department or call Snohomish County 911's non-emergency line 425-407-3999. For specific information about fire lane markings and designations, contact the Marysville Fire District Fire Marshal's Office at 360-363-8525.


Where do I dispose of hazardous waste materials?

Many hazardous waste items are accepted at Snohomish County's Household Hazardous Waste Drop-Off Station. Locations that accept sharps including needles and syringes can be found here. We recommend calling locations before visiting because this information could change.


I want to have a fire in my back yard. How large can it be?

Visit the Outdoor Burning section of our website to determine if you can have an outdoor fire and how large it can be.


If I will be making tenant improvements (building additions, adding a fire sprinkler or alarm system) where do I call for assistance?

Contact the City of Marysville Community Development Department at 360-363-8100.


Where do I get fire flow information?

Contact the City of Marysville Public Works Division at 360-363-8100.


What is fire systems confidence testing?

All fire protection systems in the City of Marysville are required to have Confidence Tests performed at regular intervals as indicated on the confidence testing schedule listed on your fire protection system. Confidence testing is separate from the regular building inspections conducted by fire department personnel. It is designed to ensure that fire protection systems installed in buildings are properly maintained and will work in the event of a fire.


Do I need a special events permit?

Special events must have permits and established conditions to ensure public safety at large public gatherings including fairs, concerts, sporting events, trade shows and festivals. Permits may be obtained through the City of Marysville Community Development at 360-363-8100.


Who do I call for code compliance?

Contact the Fire Marshal's Office for any fire code compliance questions at 360-363-8525.


How much clearance is needed for my fire hydrant?

Fire hydrants must be visible to first responders in an emergency. Find specific requirements here.


Who do I notify about a fire hydrant covered with weeds or brush?

Contact the Marysville Fire District Fire Marshal's Office at 360-363-8525. Find more information about fire hydrants here.


What is the insurance rating of the fire district?

The Marysville Fire District has a Fire Protection Class Rating of 3 within the City of Marysville and Snohomish County Fire District 12. Find more information here.


How do I get approved to open a daycare in my home?

For specific information, contact the Fire Prevention Division at 360-363-8500.


How can I get my swimming pool filled?

We suggest contacting your water or utility provider. Marysville Fire District does not supply water to fill swimming pools.




Marysville Fire District
1635 Grove Street
Marysville, WA 98270

(360) 363-8500 


Email: fire@mfdrfa.org

Print | Sitemap
Marysville Fire District
1635 Grove Street
Marysville, WA 98270
(360) 363-8500
© Marysville Fire District